Thursday, April 25, 2013

Interview with DarkProjectMayhem

This weekend I interviewed one of my inspiring Dark Souls Youtuber DarkProjectMayhem. We talked about general things but as well as brought up ideas and thoughts on Dark Souls II. Overall I enjoyed the interview and I still thank him for sharing his time and being a chill guy.We do talk about the dark souls community and what happened to RedRosie. Everyone has there own personal opinions, views and experiences; respect his personal connection with this. Below is our interview with some cool thoughts from Mayhem. (Check out his channel)

brian: my fiirst question will have to be what got you into dark souls and what do like most about it?
mayhem: Ok right here we go....First off I heard from a friend that they had found this super hard game that cannot be beaten, so right away I went out and bouthg it for the challenge lol. I went through the game a mage like usual on this kind of thing, didnt research it at all, so I didnt actually know you could upgrade weapons or go online lol. After a long hard time of dying over and over, i completed it and almost stoped playing, then I introduced Rosie to the game and she got through it the same way i did

brian: What got you into PvP videos?
mayhem: After a long time I caught up with Rose again and she told me how she had started recodring pvp videos and become a member of this community, contributing to other gamers and the whole experience in general, so i started helping her with video ideas and editing
mayhem: Then more recently, she wanted to slow down making videos, so I told her that i would start a channel and carry things on, and she helped me at first, which was super fun to work together with. We wanted to bring a series of unique videos that offer more entertainment value than your typical pvp video, and so far its gone really well

After this he had to address what currently happened to Rosie; she was such a huge part that i respect his next statements as a fan and as a human being. Some people online can just so rude and sadly Rosie at the end was damage by this.

Redrosie Incident-Brian:I respect Mayhem and RedRosie and seeing this played out as a viewer was tough here is Mayhems personal relation and side on this.
mayhem: Last week Rosie quit just about everything online, this community is more fickle than it seems. People were obsessed with the idea that Rosie is a male (Even though I went to school with her and she is definitely a girl lol) and they think that she pretends to be a girl to get subs (Even though hundreds of females have channels where they actually show themselves and have fuck all subs because the content sucks, also neither of our channels make money so there would be no gain from such a thing) Anyway the sommunity as a whole basically bullied her of the internet by creating pages on gamefaqs, 4 chan, reddit, forums etc about how she should go and die. People have made fake accounts on youtube of her which they use to post racist and hateful comments, and someone was making specific videos hating on her and all she represents - all in the naame of ruining her online image

Please if you take anything outta this remember to please be respectful online and to not let the internet change who you are or give you the false idea that you have the right to be rude and insulting. We continue our questions and thank you Mayhem for your thoughts and clarification.

brian:  is there anything you would like to see changed in the next game PvP wise?
mayhem: In light of that... i dont have alot of love for the community as a whole, so I wont have as much involvement as she did.

mayhem: As for what I would want to see changed... More covenants, that have more benefits and differences than just a couple of spells and invasion types, I want the covenant I belong to, to be an actual difficult choice with attractive bonus's each side. I want to see more armor, shields and weapons with aux effects than we have now. For example, moonlight sword increases magic defense, grass crest shield gives stamina regen, sanctus gives hp regen, server restores hp each hit. All are interesting concepts and I think we should have more, and include armor in that too.

brian: Have you bin following dark souls II and what are your thughts over the game and its gamplay as of right now?
mayhem: For dark souls 2.... I have seen that short trailer, but I love my magic, and there was none in the one I watched lol. I think that however the game turns out, it will be amazing so I am not too fussed in judging every detail

brian: Fianlly what do you plan on doing when dark souls II is out will you focuse still on PvP       videos or will you focus also on the single player?
mayhem: i will always focus on pvp videos. Maybe something single player if it has entertainment   value, like cheating a boss out of the area or something else unique that is out of the ordinary. But I will never just do walkthroughs, guides or "Normal" pvp where I just invade with an efficient build ad win loads. For me its all about the entertainment, something different, and editing
mayhem: I love nothing more to sit back after making a video and think "Yeh ive edited some cool effects on that video to the best of my ability, its a fresh idea that people will/wont like but I am happy with it". Anyway i hope that helped! Let me know if I can help in an other way!

brian: Once again I thank you for sharing your time and i hope the best for your channel. I await Dark Souls II and can't wait for what ideas you will have; take care man thank you once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment