Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Interview with RedRosie

This weekend I interviewed one of my favorite Dark Souls PvP Youtubers RedRosie. We talked about general things but as well as brought up her ideas and thoughts on Dark Souls II. Overall I enjoyed the interview and I still thank her for sharing her time and being very such a great person. Below is our interview with some cool and surprising facts about RedRosie. (Check out her channel)

brian-Have you played demon and dark souls and what is your opinion on the director change?
redrosie- Nope never played demon, and didn’t know about the change; I am an expert on in game mechanics, but I don’t know the lore or any background stuff.

brian-How did you get into dark souls how did you hear about it and why did it get your attention, why do you like it
redrosie- Ok well my brother was playing it and telling me how hard it was, and that I wouldn’t manage it.....so I proved em wrong. 

brian-What got you into the whole PvP n YouTube also what’s your favorite part about the game
redrosie- Well I joined chat to ask what occult weapons did.... I got ignored over and over, and then signed in as Rosie with my picture, and got hassle for being female (it wasn’t a nice chat then lol) And at the time my brother was playing around with a recorder.... So I had a go and recorded a troll video of me hiding as chameleon.... Then I uploaded it and noticed that people were always talking about this "Peeve" guy on YouTube, I checked him out and he was CRAZY popular. I then checked darksoulsmindeye who did the first stuff with trolls.....Then.....I carried on unloading and started to really enjoy it! and I got noticed around the community a fair bit, I would get greeted in streams and invited to events etc.....My channel exploded overnight and grew faster than any other dark souls channel ever, it was great. 

brian-What all do you know about dark souls 2 or have you not been following it up that much? Have you look at the Edge magazine Interview?
redrosie-I don’t know a great deal to be honest, I know there has been this huge debate over it being easier or something - unless they nerf me, it won’t be any easuer online; thing is, people on this game say it’s already easy - that’s over a year after release when the majority of players left are all pros with glitched saves containing all the best weapons etc.; people have MADE the game easy for themselves by doing such things. It’s also the familiarity of the game. Knowing when to roll each enemies attack is priceless info, and knowing where all the surprises are is also the same thing.

brian-What ideas do you think will make the game better?
redrosie-Well one idea I had was to divide STR and DEX weps. At present you can back stab, riposte with all weapons, but also prry all weapons. I think only dex weapons should be ablt to backstab and riposte, whilst str weps just do a counter hit damage, but str weps should not be able to be parried.. Because a huge smoughs hammer being parried by a bare fist is stupid, and it would give some difference between the 2 sides. But even if they don’t do that I am actually fine with the way it works, they seemed to patch dks for the better every time.

brian- what do you plan on doing after dark souls II is release will you be playing and recording it or just focusing on the community?
redrosie-Well I am not going to do any, YouTube and the community in general... I have grown to hate it to be honest lol. but my friend Mayhem is certainly going to upload! We aren’t really fans of just uploading raw clips of PvP or first time play, we like to edit things and make an entertaining video, usually a montage of some idea. So we will play it for a while, see what wacky stuff there is to do and start making a unique idea out of it
redrosie-my problem with this game was, I joined it after almost a year of release; And all the cool stuff had been done; I still managed to think of some unique stuff to do, but this time I will be the first to suggest it to mayhem, and the channel will do well I know it

brian-thank you for sharing your time Rosie I hope you have a great day
redrosie- no problem! I’m always here so give me a shout if you want anything else, I can link you to most in the community

No comments:

Post a Comment